Cyber security also referred as Electronic Information Security is an effective procedure of protecting your system, network, server, electronic device, data and programs from any unauthorized digital attack or damage.
Government, medical organizations, military, corporate firms, and almost every sectors store their valuable data on various electronic devices. Unauthorized access can have a great negative impact. Thus cyber security protects the device from getting hacked.
Some common cybersecurity threats are:-
Ransomeware – Locks a data unless you pay a ransom.
Malware – Gains illegal access to the computer and causes damage.
Phishing Attacks – Gain sensitive data (like login information, credit card numbers, and passwords through an unrecognizable mail, text or phone call.
Social Engineering – It is a technique to disclose personal information & money accomplished through human activities.
To stop these dangerous attacks ‘Critical Security Control’ (CIS) took sets of actions. The SANS Institute, CIS and others together introduced 20 Critical Security Controls (CSC) to protect from the most alarming threats of this age.
Based on the latest news about the common attacks the commercial forensics experts, testers & contributors from U.S. governmental organizations introduced 20 controls of cyber security. Among them, in this article, we have selected the top 10 controlsand the rest be discussed in our next article. Here we will discuss the top 10 security controls for effective cybersecurity.
- 1. Inventory of Authorized and Unauthorized Devices: The hardware devices of an organization must be managed in such a way that only authorized devices will have access to it and an unauthorized device can be identified instantly before they cause any harm.
- 2. Inventory of Authorized and Unauthorized Software: Manage all the software attached to your network. You can then have control of the authorized software only. There may be some unknown software installed on your device. So it is important to know what software is present in your organization to keep your data secure.
- 3. Continuous Vulnerability Assessment and Remediation: One should have a scan continuously on the information of the organization to recognize & fix vulnerabilities attacks otherwise; they will pierce in your network.
- 4. Controlled use of Administrative Privileges: Automated & authenticated tools must be introduced to keep track of how an administrative privilege is hired and used. The network must be scanned on a regular basis to keep the organization free from cyber attacks.
- 5. Maintenance, monitoring & Analysis of Audit Logs: Event logs should be collected and analyzed. System logs should provide an account of every activity occurring in your network.
- 6. Email and Web Browser: Fully supported web browsers and emails should be used in the organization as these two are the common points for the hackers to get the grip.
- 7. Data Recovery Capability: Back up the system & data at least once a week will help for timely recovery at the time of crisis. If a hacker tries or changes any data at that point if you have a backup you may be able to get the data back.
- 8. Boundary Defense: The flow of information must be corrected by the organization on different trust levels. The focus must be on data which can also damage security. Technologies with deep visibility and control of data should be introduced to the organization.
- 9. Malware Defenses: Malwares nowadays are fast-moving & changing and can penetrate through several points. So, the introduction of malware defenses to operate multiple points in the enterprise is necessary.
- 10. Secure Configuration for Hardware & Software: Security configuration of laptops, servers & workstations must be established and managed strictly to prevent the attack from unauthorized devices.
As per Juniper Research it is estimated that cybercrimes accounted for losses worldwide in 2019 was $2 trillion, by the year 2020 may reach $5 trillion and in the year 2027 it may grow up to $10 billion. Cyber Security Management hence plays an important part of an organization or else it may turn risky.
So, if you are searching for a team who can secure your organization and infrastructure then contact Achilles Resolute : 9804139314, Mail ID: email@example.com
Leave a Comment:
Get Exclusive Cyber Security Tips On:
Prevention from damage dealt to an organization’s reputation.
Investments on fixing the issues caused by attack.
Preventing confidential data and Intellectual Property being stolen
Prevention of revenue loss due to service disruption and much more.