In the present age of the digital revolution, mobile apps are evolving day to day. Smartphones are getting smarter eventually. Thus mobile app security is now an important matter of concern. With the growth of various mobile apps paves the way for various cyber security threats. And if it remained unexamined then mobile app security may lead to serious outcomes.
It’s therefore required for the app developers to look for the security issues along with implementing advance features to the apps. A great responsibility lies in the hand of coders to protect their mobile app security. Several ways can help the developers to work smoothly and maintain the security of the apps at the time of coding.
Let us first know about different categories of mobile app and how cybercrimes pave their way into various apps.
Types of mobile apps:-
Native Apps : They includes particular a platform like iOS and Android. They are designed to perform in a particular platform to offer a better user experience. It is difficult to maintain may be for its structure.
Hybrid Apps : The mixed feature of Native App and Web App together form Hybrid Apps. They can be downloaded from app stores and sidewise they rely on HTML and web servers too.
How the apps become ‘vulnerable’?
One of the prime reasons for the attack is the gap in privacy and security codes. Apps allow several accesses than its required resulting in the opening of more data points leading opportunities for the hackers to perform cyber crimes. Unauthorized APIs, lack of proper encryption and the possibility of reverse engineering are also responsible for such attacks.
How to secure mobile apps from such attacks :
A developer can check and maintain mobile app security while coding. Here are some security coding practices that developers must follow to build a secure mobile app.
Mobile App Security Companies prefer the following two most important methods to prevent hackers from performing cybercrime. These methods also help to understand the logic and code of the app. They help to delete the hidden loopholes in the code to ensure your app security.
- 1. CODE OBFUCATION : It is the method of modifying the source or machine code. It will then become difficult for hackers to read or change it. What the coders do is, convert the authentic code to some other code that carries out the same function but it’s impossible for hackers to read and find out the logic of the code. By encoding some part of the entire code, implementing some meaningless code to the application binary and hiding the sensitive metadata the developers tend to protect the mobile app security.
- 2. REMEDIATION : It consists of some strong techniques which the developers carry out to prevent their app from threats. Hackers generally gain control of a mobile app through reverse engineering. Remediation works through many “remediation techniques”.
Some other common coding practices are :
- • Secure by Design (To design your application with strong security code)
- • Threat Modeling (To automate the process of figuring out and determine risk, saving time for remediation work)
- • Positive Security (By application whitelisting it determines the possible threats affecting the mobile apps)
Security plays the most crucial role in every digital application. The following coding practices to maintain proper security is needed. Before any mobile app reached the audience it’s necessary to maintain basic security requirements. Some basic steps can save one from future consequences.
Leave a Comment:
Get Exclusive Cyber Security Tips On:
Prevention from damage dealt to an organization’s reputation.
Investments on fixing the issues caused by attack.
Preventing confidential data and Intellectual Property being stolen
Prevention of revenue loss due to service disruption and much more.